Saturday, April 19, 2008

of the dark ages.

during school last Friday, suddenly felt like penning this down.
guess it was the impact the clip "End of the World 2012" had on me.

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a prophecy. Nor is it blasphemy. I'm just using my imagination. Yes.

of the dark ages
by Ryan Goh


the city weeps.
crimson flows,
dark and deep it goes.

an air of apathy.
the sky droops, a mourning.
the sunset in scorning.

silent howling.
its confidence, abolished.
all broken, crumpled, demolished.

"let there be light."
and there was.
but now echoes
the beast's uproars.

as shadow fell
and the Sun hid
the devil unleashes
upon the world, his bid.


I know it's quite dark and satanic-ky.
this is by no means an offence to anyone, or anything.

i think the flow's not too smooth, and there's something about the 4th stanza that doesn't sound quite right. the ending might be a lil' abrupt?

comments appreciated. (:


continue mugging till' its bugging!
ryan-.


P.S.
Oh, nearly forgot.
Cleo the Queen demands that I acknowledge how she inspired me.
Well, she did write a good essay.
So hear goes.

Inspired by - Cleo the Queen.


thank you.

have a nice day.

No comments: